235-374 Became a part of Baekae Kingdom's territory
413-475 Became a part of Goguryeo Kingdom's territory and was called Hoengcheon or Eosamae
551 Became a part of Silla Kingdom's territory
Unified Silla Dynasty Period Called Hwangcheon-hyeon under the direct control of Sakju
Called Hoengcheon again.
1389 Established Gammu (head of hyeon) in the first year of King Gongyang's reign
Joseon Dynasty Period
1413 Established a hyeon in the 13th year of King Taejong's reign
1414 Changed name to Hoengseong in the 14th year of King Taejong's reign
1600 Head of hyeon served as Gangwon Jungwonjang (military commander)
1627 Hyeon was abolished in the 5th year of King Injo's reign, then restored in the 14th year of the same king. While hyeon was abolished, it was called Hawjeon or Hwaseong.
May 26, 1895 According to Royal Edict No. 98, on May 26, 1985, Hoengseong-hyeon, which was governed by a hyeongam (head of hyeon), was changed to Hoengseong-gun with the implementation of the new 'gun' system
Seowon-myeon was established by incorporating parts of Gomogok and Jihagok-myeon from Wonjumok
September 1, 1910 8-myeon system was implemented with the incorporation of Seowon-myeon, Wonju-gun into Hoengseong-gun
Republic of Korea
October 1, 1961 Local autonomy system was implemented
January 1, 1963 According to Act No. 1175 (Proclamation on 11/21/1962), Gangnim-ri, Bugok-ri, and Wolhyeon-ri were incorporated into Anheung-myeon
September 1, 1973
According to the Presidential Executive Order No.6542 (Proclamation on 3/12/ 1973), the boundaries between myeons and guns were adjusted.
Sangchangbong-ri, Nam-myeon, Hongcheon-gun was incorporated into Gonggeun-myeon
Jogok-ri, Saengun-ri and Namsan-ri in Ucheon-myeon, Hoengseong-gun and part of Hakgok-ri, Gonggeun-myon were incorporated into Hoengseong-myeon
Hagung-ri, Jeonggeum-ri, Yongdun-ri, Sanghaga-ri, Hadae-ri, and Sangdae-ri in Anheung-myeon, Hoengseong-gun were incorporated into Ucheon-myeon
Part of Yeongnang-ri, Dunnae-myeon, Hoengseong-gun was incorporated into Anheung-myeon
Gungjong-ri, Anheung-myeon, Hoengseong-gun and part of Sindae-ri, Gapcheon-myeon were incorporated into Dunnae-myeon
Yuldong-ri, Samgeo-ri, Jeonchon-ri, Chudong-ri, and Daegwandae-ri, Byeongjibang-ri in Cheongil-myeon, Hoengseong-gun were incorporated into Gapcheon-myeon
Parts of Yupyeong-ri, Gapcheon-ri, Gosi-ri, and Sindae-ri in Gapcheon-myeon, Hoengseong-gun were incorporated into Cheongil-myeon
According to the Presidential Executive Order No. 9409 (Proclamation on 4/7/ 1979), Hoengseong-myeon was promoted to Hoengseong-eup (1 eup 7 myeons)
February 15, 1983 According to the Presidential Executive Order No.11027 (Proclamation on 1/10/1983), parts of Sanhyeon-ri, Maeho-ri, and Apgok-ri in Seo-myeon were incorporated into Hojeo-myeon, Wonju-gun and Chudong-ri and Jeongam-ri in Ucheon-myeon were incorporated into Hoengseong
April 1, 1989 According to the Hoengseong County Ordinance No. 1254 (Proclamation on 3/29/1989), Gangnim-ri, Bugok-ri, and Wolhyeon-ri under the control of Gangnim Branch Office, Anheung-myeon were promoted to Gangnim-myeon, Hoengseong-gun
January 12, 2000 According to the Hoengseong County Ordinance No. 1705 (Proclamation on 01/12/2000), Gapcheon-myeon in Budong-ri was incorporated into Samgeo-ri, Gapcheon-myeon
January 10, 2002 According to the Hoengseong County Ordinance No. 1770 (Proclamation on 01/10/2002), a part of Masan-ri in Hoengseong-eup, Hoengseong was incorporated into Eupsang-ri, Hoengseong-eup.
Hoengseong-gun Office 15 Taegi-ro, Hoengseong-eup, Hoengseong-gun, Gangwon-do, 25220 Tel : +82-33-343-2101.
Copyright (C) 2015 Hoengseong County. All rights reserved.