A healthy story begins!
Dunnae highland tomatoes growing in rich clean soils and in a clean environment with a big daily temperature range!
Dunnae highland tomatoes grows in rich clean soils and in clean environment with a big daily temperature range and they are much sweeter, denser and have better storability than the tomatoes growing in other regions.
Dunnae in Hoengseong produces cherry tomatoes, Chal Tomatoes, processed tomatoes as well and has started to hold Dunna Tomato Festival since 2012 to promote great tomatoes produced in Dunnae.
- Festival Overview
- Festival Period : Aug 7, 2015 ~ Aug 9, 2015 (in August every year)
- Location : Dunnae Sports Park (4708, Gyeonggang-ro, Dunnae-myeon)
- Hosted by : Dunnae Highland Tomato Festival Committee
- Sponsored by : Hoengseong-gun, Dunnae-myeon, various public organizations and associations within the jurisdiction.
- Contact : Dunnae Highland Tomato Festival Committee (033-340-2704), Blog
- Main Events
- Tourist Attractions : Tomato Exhibition Hall, Tomato Museum, flower gardens, gourd tunnel
- Experience : tomato pool, tomato picking, catfish fishing, traditional caligraphy, quilt, ‘Fancy Wood’, nail art, woodcraft, soap bubble making, water pool
- Tourist Attractions Nearby
- Welli Hilli Park, Welli Hilli Country Club, Mt. Cheongtae Recreational Forest, Eco 800 Trail, Kooksoondang Joohyangro, Soopchewon, Mt. Taegi Wind Power Plant
- How to get here
- Seoul → Yeongdong Expressway Dunnae IC → turn right and head towards Bongpyeong (5min)
- Seoul → Seoul-Chuncheon Expressway → Jungang Expressway → Hoengseong IC → Hoengseong-eup → Dunnae (25min)
- Intercity Bus : Seoul(Seoul Sangbong Intercity Bus Terminal) → Hoengseong Intercity Bus Terminal → nonstop bus (departiin for Dunnae, 30min)
- Express Bus : Seoul (Dongseoul, Gangnam) → Wonju Bus Terminal → intercity bus (departing for Dunnae, 40min)